During the summertime throwing pool parties is a trend. Now when you throw a party, it becomes your responsibility to make it happening so that your guests get the perfect enjoyment and entertainment that they have expected. In order to make your party happening, there are two things that you can do. One is to prepare great food and the second is make good arrangements for entertainment. Now when it comes to making great food, we are going to disclose to you the best salsa recipe that you can make your guests taste. The salsa recipe that we are talking about here is the Citrus Salsa recipe. If you are planning a party soon and want your guests to taste the best salsa of their lives then here is your chance to learn the recipe.
How To Make Citrus Salsa For Your Guests?
In order to make Citrus Salsa the first thing that you need to do is get the listed ingredients:
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- 2 large oranges which should be peeled and diced properly
- 1 large Vidalia onion which should be peeled and chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers which should be seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup of fresh orange juice
- 3 packets of Splenda no calorie sweetener
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh cilantro and
- 1 teaspoon of salt
Well, you need to go grocery shopping in order to get these ingredients from the supermarket. Now without wasting any more time let’s check out the steps.
- At first, you need to blanch the tomatoes. In case if you don’t know how to do it, here you go with the steps.
How To Blanch Tomatoes?
Follow the steps in order to blanch the tomatoes:
- At first cut a small ‘X’ at the bottom of the tomatoes.
- Next place the 4 tomatoes in the boiling water.
- Keep the tomatoes in the boiling water for at least 30 seconds.
- Now with the help of a slotted spoon remove the tomatoes from the boiling water and immediately place them in ice water.
- Now let the tomatoes cool off.
- After that slowly peel the tomatoes starting from the X point.
After you are done blanching the tomatoes it’s time for the real recipe.
- The first thing that you need to do after blanching the tomatoes is put all the ingredients in a large bowl and stirs it nicely until they mix thoroughly.
- Now let the mixture stand at the room temperature for at least an hour or so.
- After that, you can serve the mixture and refrigerate the unused salsa.
Serving Tip: 1 cup of Citrus Salsa can be served with baked tortilla chips or you can even put them on the top of grilled fish or chicken.
If you want you can also pack the salsa in canning jars and gift it to your friends and neighbors so that they can enjoy that with whatever they want to.
Thus, you can see that with four easy steps you can prepare tasty citrus salsa dip and serve it to your guests in the party. It is really easy to make and at the same time, it’s very tasty. So instead of wasting your money on buying salsa, you can prepare it on your own.