Instead of reaching for those artificial Christmas and Holiday home and room sprays full of all those yucky chemicals, think about making a healthy investment in some homemade organic essential oils to use to make your own spray AND… know those essential oils go along way for many other uses too.
We made up a Natural Christmas Room Spray using scents we like this time of year, but any scents you like can be used as well.
If you do not have a real tree this year, even if you do, a natural room spray will be a welcome addition to your environment.
Recipe for Natural Christmas Room Spray
- 2-4 oz. glass amber spray bottle
- Enough Vodka to fill the bottle 1/2 way (any brand will work)
- Distilled water about 2 -4 tablespoons depending on the size of the bottle
- (Depending on bottle size, more or less essential oil) 5 drops Rosemary essential oil
- 7 drops Eucalyptus essential oil
- 5 drops Orange essential oil
- 7 drops Cinnamon Leaf essential oil
- 25-30 drops Pine essential oil
Making natural room spray
Fill the bottle almost to the top with vodka.
Add essential oils one oil at a time recapping as you move along to avoid sills. (these oils are precious!)
Once all oils are in the bottle put the spray top on the bottle and gently turn the bottle to blend.
If you are looking for a resource to buy essential oils, we purchase a lot from here.
Now you are ready to enjoy the fresh natural Christmas scents in your home.
These are safe to spray in the air, on surfaces, pillows, etc.
Did you know that not only are you scenting your environment with heavenly scents, but… you are also germ busting your home.
Great this time of year when the company is coming and as much as you love them, they may be bringing germs too.
If you are interested in learning more about essential oils, may we suggest Aroma Web as a reference.