I’ve been using regular store bought baby wipes for years. But it wasn’t until recently I found out that you can make your own through a Pinterest post and sometimes I do get very mild irritation from commercial wipes. So this is perfect! I’ve experimented a few times and changed the ingredients use apart from this original post on Life and Times with the Ehingers.
Things you will need:
- half roll of Bounty Select-a-Size
- some kind of container to squish it all in (I used a Ziploc container I found at Target)
- measuring cup
- measuring spoon
- 1/2 tbsp-1 tbsp liquid castile soap (this determines how soapy your wipes will be)
- 1/2 tbsp-1 tbsp sweet almond oil (this determines how oily your wipes will be)
- 3 drops of tea tree oil (optional)
- 5-10 drops of lavender oil (optional)
- 1-2 cups of water (filtered and boiled, also this will determine how moist your wipes will be)
- Cut your Bounty in half and use only half roll per container.
- Filter and boil your water.
- Must let it cool to room temp before you put it into your container.
- When the water is about room temp put it into the container and mix in the soap, sweet almond oil, and essential oils.
- Place the half roll of Bounty into the container, close it and turn it upside down so the mixture can be soaked up evenly.
- Wait an hour or two and your wipes are ready to be used! (Remember to remove the tissue roll in the middle before you use it)
- The Essential Oils you choose to use will give it a nice fresh scent.
- 1 roll of Bounty makes for 2 containers worth of wipes. The last batch I had lasted me a month. I had one in the bathroom and one in the bedroom.
- It’s a lot cheaper, with no irritation and I know what’s in them so I have peace of mind.
- The essential oils are optional for those with really sensitive skin.
- The ingredients can be adjusted to suit your needs.
- I got most of my ingredients from Mountain Rose Herbs and the oils are from Whole Foods.
- Please DO NOT throw these into the toilet after use