One of my favorite pair of jeans recently were found “showing too much skin”
Meaning: What once was a “cool hole” with jean shredded-nish around it..was now a gaping hole.
I reached out on Facebook about what in the sam heck to do..how to fix this problem? Because I wanted to wear these! BINGO- Lace! Patch that baby up with some cute lace! And so I did…
What you need:
-A piece of lace (don’t laugh I actually bought a sliver of garter belt material at Walmart- only costing me .75 cents- so use all “lace” to find the best size..price for your repair!)
-a piece of denim (I grabbed an old pair of jeans from the kids closet they outgrew)
-your jeans you are repairing
1. Cut off a piece of denim in order to make your “lace patch” You want this patch bigger then the hole you are trying to cover.
2. Using a serger stitch, sew the lace onto the denim.
3. Final “lace patch” product.
4. Take the patch and place it under the hole, inside the jeans and pin in place. Make sure the pocket is out of the way and you don’t pin that.
5. Slide the jeans onto the sewing machine. Make sure you keep the area flat at all times. ALSO watch that pocket! You want to sew using a small zig-zag stitch right along side of the hole. Stitch around the entire hole. The patch should be in place!
6. Trim away the loose thread
Pin It Put them on! Check out your NEW “feminine” The possibilities are endless…using different color lace!
Go patch up a pair today!