Have you ever had one of those days when you’re just in a funk? It’s okay, you are allowed to have those days every once in a while. Your carpet, however, should never be in a funk! And with just two ingredients, you can keep it that way. The awesome part about this do-it-yourself carpet powder is that it is customizable!
Here is what you’ll need to get started:
- Baking soda, sodium bicarbonate – Whatever you like to call it
- Essential Oil – I use a Japanese Cherry Blossom scent. Just $2 at Walmart.
- Container – I used a Parmesan cheese shaker. Use what you have on hand.
- Bowl for mixing
- Utensil or whisk for mixing
Gather up your items and get ready to create a shaker full of awesomeness.
1. Pour the baking soda into your container to measure out how much you will need.
2. Go ahead and pour that into your bowl.
3. Add 5-6 (I lost count) drops of your essential oil. (I gotta tell you, the Japanese Cherry Blossom smells pretty amazing. To me, it was like wrapping yourself in fresh linens. Heavenly. )
4. Take a whisk- or in my case, a plastic knife (don’t judge me) – and mix!
5. Pour your mix into your container.
Presto! Carpet powder in mere minutes.
To use your newly created odor-fighting powder, shake it onto your carpet, leave it on for 10 minutes, and then get your significant other or roommate to vacuum it up! Hey, you worked hard on this cleaning masterpiece. 😉
Since it acts as a neutralizing agent, baking soda can be used to absorb odors and musty smells. So no more funk! And the essential oil, well it just smells so darn pretty.