I bought this frame from a thrift shop for $4 and decided to change it into a minimal frame art. Pretty much I only spent $4 to create this home deco item so you don’t need to spend a lot to make this! It’s also a very easy and simple DIY tutorial so there aren’t a lot of steps to follow.
What you will need
1. A frame
2. Acrylic paints
3. Masking film or masking tape
4. Paint brush
5. Any kind of a photo or picture for the frame (I chose a picture from National Geographic)
1. Disassemble the frame so only the frame itself is left behind.
2. Apply one layer of acrylic paint and wait until it is fully dry (I chose colour white but you can choose whichever colour you want to). Repeat this more until the wood of the frame is no longer visible.
3. While you are waiting for the frame to dry, choose a picture from a magazine. If you can’t find any picture that you like, you can print out a picture from online.
4. Make sure the paint is fully dry and insert the picture you chose and construct back the frame.
5. Use a masking film to tape a straight line on the frame. I chose to tape around 3/5 of the frame but you can place the mask where ever you want. If you want to be bit more creative, you can also alternatively put the tape diagonally or in a tilted angle.
6. Carefully paint the whole bottom part of the frame using a different colour paint. Make sure you don’t go over the other top part.
7. Wait until the paint is dry and peel off the making film carefully.
TADA! here is the final look of it!
You can create another one using a different colour palette to pair with the first one.